For years, as I watch the Christmas specials on TV and sing along to the carols on the radio, I’ve pondered and wondered about certain things the holiday season brings. Since today is the culmination of that intense questioning, I have compiled a list of my most burning queries hoping that someone – if not Santa himself – will present me with answers:
- Where did the modern image of Santa Claus come from?
- Is it true that the modern image of Santa Claus was a Coca Cola marketing ploy?
- What is a Yule log?
- What do the 12 days of Christmas mean?
- Why do people cook a whole roasted pig with an apple in its mouth?
- What are other kinds of nog are there besides egg?
- Is it possible to make egg nog jello shots? (and would they be called jelloggs?)
Merry holidays, WikiAnswerers!
(I’m not suggesting we’re pigs or anything…)