Gobble gobble! This week’s WikiAnswers Wednesday is Thanksgiving-themed, and I think you can guess why. Instead of exploring the origins of the holiday, I’d like to go a different angle: describing this wonderful day of wonderful food.
Now, the answer given on WikiAnswers is logical and… well, less-than-fun. I came up with my own list of ‘proper adjectives’ to describe the American holiday:
- Kinda cruel (to large poultry).
- Kinda cruel (to vegetarians).
- Kinda cruel (to potato-kind though I don’t think potatoes feel anything so it’s ok).
- Pious (if you consider piety to be satiating).
- Family fun (if by fun I mean all of us together in the house again, repeating scenes from childhood).
- Again, awesome.