While I’d be a true fool to compete with Google or YouTube in the realm of playing April Fool’s Day jokes, I will point out some interesting trivia about the springtime tradition; believe at your own risk.
- How did April Fool’s Day get its name?
- Traditionally, in some countries, the jokes only last until noon. If you play a trick on someone after this time you are the April Fool. (source)
- If you were born on April Fool’s Day what does it mean?
- In 1998, Burger King ran an ad in USA Today, saying that people could get a Whopper for left-handed people whose condiments were designed to drip out of the right side. Not only did customers order the new burgers, but some specifically requested the “old”, right-handed burger. (source)
- How did April Fool’s Day evolve?
- The frequency of April Fools’ hoaxes sometimes makes people doubt real news stories released on April 1st. (source)