You’re hungry. You have a frying pan. You have pants. So what’s the question?
- 1 pair of pants
- 10 cups vegetable oil
- Flour for dusting
- 3 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chill or freeze pants for several hours or overnight.
- Heat 10 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.
- Mix together milk, vinegar and oil.
- In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.
- Dust pants with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate pants until batter covers them.
- Place carefully in hot oil. The Pants will float, so hold them under with a utensil to ensure even browning. They should turn golden in 3 to 4 minutes. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you might be able to fry only one pair at a time, two at the most.
- Remove pants to paper towel and let drain. Allow Pants to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 1 pair. Serves 6.