Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston recently reunited on Cougar Town, Cox’s aptly-named new sitcom, going into its second season (see the PopSugar interview on Answers.com Video). I can’t decide if it is strange or comforting to see Monica and Rachel together again… But either way, it is sweet that the friends are still at it.
So six years later, here are some Friends facts for all of us, from fans to fanatics:
- Before settling on the name “Friends,” the series’ creators considered the titles “Insomnia Cafe,” “Six of One,” and “Friends Like Us.”
- During the first season of the show, cast members earned $22,500 per episode. By the final season, each raked in a cool one million a show.
- Producers wanted Courteney Cox to play Rachel, but she insisted on auditioning for Monica.
- The series was nominated for 63 Primetime Emmy Awards – and won many of them.
- Despite being set in New York City, no episodes were ever shot there. Nearly all the episodes were filmed in Burbank, California, including the opening credits fountain scene.