Jellybeans. Do you eat them one at a time or grab a handful? Either way, these chewy candies are quite yummy and often show up in Easter baskets. Brush up on your jellybean trivia with these five fun facts:
- In the 1910s and early 1920s, the word “jellybean” referred to a young man who put a lot of great effort in to dressing stylishly. The word later became synonymous with the term pimp.
- Jellybeans have made a trip in a space shuttle.
- A series of Harry Potter jellybeans featured flavors like dirt, earwax, pepper, and vomit. Mmmm.
- A precursor to the jellybean was advertised as early as 1861 as a candy gift for soldiers fighting in the Civil War.
- The blueberry-flavored Jelly Belly jellybean was created especially for President Ronald Reagan’s inauguration in 1981.
Read more about jellybeans on Answers.com.