Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! No matter your age, animal crackers are a fun snack to eat. But how much do you know about these slightly sweet treats? Check out five deliciously interesting facts:
- The original purpose of the string on the Animal Crackers box was so that it could be hung as a Christmas ornament on the tree.
- A box of Animal Crackers sold for 5 cents in 1902.
- Animal Crackers originated in England where they were known as animal biscuits.
- 54 different animals have been transformed into animal crackers. The most popular brand, Barnum’s Animal Crackers, has featured 37 different animals since 1902.
- Shirley Temple’s 1935 song “Animal Crackers in My Soup” was used by different companies advertising their brands of animal crackers.
Discover more about animal crackers on Answers.com.