Job interviews can be daunting even for the most qualified candidates. It’s easy to iron a shirt, get a haircut and be on time, but the real legwork is prepping for intimidating interview questions. While every company has a different hiring style, many tend to use tried-and-true interview questions (it’s no wonder these questions are among our top content on Answers.com). Are you preparing for an upcoming interview? Check out our answers to six popular job interview questions:
- Describe yourself. It’s open-ended, yes. But keep it focused on traits that match what the employer is looking for.
- Why did you leave your last job? Resist the temptation to bash your boss. Instead talk about how this company will give you opportunities your old company couldn’t.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses? The trick is to talk about your weaknesses so that they can also appear to be a strength. Try to tailor your responses to the job you are applying for.
- Why did you apply for this position? and Why do you want to work here? Research the company. Don’t just read their Wikipedia article. Know them inside and out and then you’ll be able to answer why you want to work there.
- Why should we hire you? Uncover your interviewer’s greatest wants and needs and then list your achievements and traits that match those needs.
Do you have more tips for job interviews? Share them with us in the comments.