The November Rumble AnswerThon starts tonight at midnight (Thursday, November 20th, at 12:00 am EST), and runs until Sunday, November 23rd, at 11:59 pm EST. Simply sign up, log on, and start answering any unanswered question!
Why should I participate in the AnswerThon? We thought you’d ask that!
So we’ve put together a few fun Reasons to Participate in the November Rumble AnswerThon:
- Increase your contributions count exponentially in just one weekend! Rack those babies up!
- Show off your expertise! Let your smarts hang out!
- Become a top contributor of 2014! Top 10? #1? You decide!
- Help out hundreds of people looking for answers in just 4 days! From all over the world – without leaving home!
- Win an Amazon gift card, just in time for holiday shopping! Or spend it on yourself!
- Win awesome Answers merchandise! Wear it, carry it or use it!
- Avoid a weekend of raking leaves, shopping at a busy mall, or cleaning the house for visiting in-laws! You have a great reason to say, “I have plans!”
- Meet other users who are competing and love to answer as much as you do!
- Unlike a 5K or an obstacle course competition, you won’t freeze your bum!
- LOTS of winners – $2000 in prizes will be awarded to 38 AnswerThon winners!
- It’s EASY to win – if you post just 10 answers, you’re automatically entered in the random drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card! How easy is that? Sign up now!
- Learn random fun facts that you can impress your family with at Thanksgiving! Will anyone else at dinner know how exactly how tall the Washington Monument is? Didn’t think so!
- And best of all, It’s fun! Sign up now!
Remember, answers must be at least 2 sentences long to qualify, and exact duplicates are not counted in your answer totals. For a complete list of rules, regulations, tips, and prizes, click here.
Good luck, ladies and gents!!
Signore e signori…vi presentiamo il primo concorso di Answers.com Italiano! La RispostaTona 2011 si svolgerà dal 13 al 16 Maggio, 2011. L’obiettivo del concorso è di rispondere a piú domande possibili nello spazio di 4 giorni. Ci saranno dei fantastici premi per i vincitori. Per partecipare, registrati qua.
Posted in What's New at Answers
Tagged answers, AnswerThon, concorso, contest, Domande, gioco, international, Italian, premi, prizes, risposte
The winners of the 2011 & Beyond 11 Million Answers AnswerThon have been announced! The first contest of 2011 took place over the weekend of January 22-23rd. The aim of the game is to answer the most questions in a 2-day period. And we have some amazing contributors out there who take on the challenge with flying colors!
And the contributors who answered the most questions over the 2-day contest period are:
FIRST PLACE: Aggie80
SECOND PLACE: Anandvijayakumar and Fuzzy Logic
THIRD PLACE: Bfmt, Snart Gurk, and Mrkbh
FOURTH PLACE: ZachMeyer94, Squirrel Man, HisPowr4U, and D Devil
As always, thanks to everyone who joined the fun. Looking forward to the next AnswerThon!
Use that university noodle of yours and apply for the Answers.com Scholarship Fund for next year – in short, answer questions to win cash for college.
For the third straight year, Answers.com is making available a $20,000 scholarship fund for students planning to enroll in undergraduate college during the 2011-2012 academic year.
Here are the basics:
- The scholarship is open to students attending universities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and India.
- Applicants must answer at least fifty questions in any of the 6,000-plus categories on Answers.com.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: a first-place $5,000 scholarship, two $2,500 scholarships, and ten $1,000 scholarships.
- Candidates can submit online by March 28, 2011 or send a hard copy postmarked by the same date.
And now a word from Answers.com CEO Bob:
“The goal of Answers.com is to engage with those who want to gain knowledge on a particular subject or topic. We also encourage our users to take this pursuit of knowledge offline and to never stop looking for answers, no matter what the medium.”
Fun fact: users visit Answers.com with a science question almost every 30 seconds. So there’s plenty of material to go ’round – better get started!
Get further details on the scholarship program, qualifications, and the application submission process. Good luck!
What day is today? Oh! The next AnswerThon starts tonight at midnight, with a new twist – it’s the AnswerThon Xtreme, a chance to see who can answer the most questions over four days, May 14-17.
This is not your mother’s 48-hour AnswerThon. Four days of non-stop answering can win you amazing prizes. As the contest time has been expanded, so have the prizes:
- The FIRST PLACE winner will receive a $500 Amazon.com gift card.
- Two SECOND PLACE winners will each receive a $400 Amazon.com gift card.
- Three THIRD PLACE winners will each receive a $250 Amazon.com gift card.
- Twenty RUNNERS UP will receive Answers.com merchandise.
What are you waiting for? Technically, the AnswerThon starts tonight at 12 am (EST). Get a head start by reading through the AnswerThon Xtreme rules.
As folks from across the globe (!) gear up to arrive in Austin, Texas, this week for South by Southwest, Answers.com is packing its bags with goodies to give out during the SXSW Interactive conference, from March 12-16.
If you’re going to be attending the event, make sure to follow Answersdotcom on Twitter. When questions about SXSW are tweeted, reply to Answersdotcom with your answers and win a prize! You’ll get prize-pick up instructions and walk away the proud of owner of an Answers.com… well, why ruin the surprise?
Read more about what Answers.com is giving away at SXSW this year.
Answers.com’s very own Shaya will be at SXSW Interactive too, so make sure to say hi. You can follow her at Pickleshy and get her perspective on the conference, too.
Winners of the Holiday AnswerThon have been announced. But if you’re too lazy to click that link, I understand (still tired from the Summit?). So I have reprinted them here:
FIRST PLACE: Aggie80 ($500 Amazon gift card!)
SECOND PLACE: Wonderful Wanda and Infinitedrmr ($250 Amazon gift card!)
THIRD PLACE: Xwizardgodx, Eclipse8, and Squirrel Man ($100 Amazon gift card!)
Go Aggie80, go! Not only did he win first place, but he participated in the Answers Summit as well… Aggie, how do you find the time?