Time for a profile makeover! No, I don’t mean the silhouette of your actual face. I mean getting your avatar on your Answers.com profile.
Why show your face? Well, aside from the fact that it helps build your profile and establish a trustworthy reputation across the site, avatars will play a key role in some upcoming community features.
In that case, I recommend going from this:
So, how do you get the avatar on there? The trick is to connect your existing Answers.com account with one of the five offered social IDs: Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, Google or LinkedIn. Once you connect your account, your avatar and profile URL are pulled in from the social ID’s site. For instance, if you choose Facebook, your profile picture from Facebook will be pulled in as your avatar, and you’ll have a link to your Facebook page on your Answers.com profile.
In three simple steps:
- Sign in to Answers.com with your username and go to My Settings.
- Under ‘Connect your account,’ click the social ID you’d like to connect with your existing Answers.com account.
- Go to My Profile and check it out!
If you don’t have an Answers.com account or username yet, it’s actually even simpler.
Just click one of the social ID icons above the log in area to connect and sign in within seconds.
From then on, you’ll only need to click the same social ID button to sign into Answers.com.
Your existing avatar will be pulled to your new Answers.com profile, as well as a link to your profile on that other account. You can add all the other details as well by editing your profile on Answers.com. It looks like this:
Here are some helpful tips on this topic:
- If you’ve changed your avatar on the other social ID site since connecting with Answers.com, and you want to change it on Answers.com too, simply disconnect the accounts on My Settings, and then reconnect.
- If the first time you signed up for Answers.com was through a social ID, and you want to link it to an existing Answers.com account, you can still do that by going to My Settings.
- Just because you have your Facebook link in your profile, doesn’t mean all Answers.com users can see your Facebook profile. That is still dependent on your Facebook privacy settings.
- Read on about signing in and connecting accounts in the Help Center.
- More information on building a good reputation on Answers.com can be found here.